In my blog post I tried to use a lot of logos and pathos. I did not use ethos because I know I am not a person of credibility when it comes to abortion, and I think if someone that was anti-choice was to hear a pro-choice doctor speak or a pro-choice humanitarian that they would not be phased or persuaded what so ever. I think when it comes to the abortion debate, pathos is not very convincing either. I think people are very clear cut and set in their mind when it comes to abortion and trying to appeal to somebodies emotions when talking about this might do more harm than good. I think logos and ethos have more of an impact on people. In a blog, I think ethos might have the most impact out of all three topics because I think there is a certain type of people that spend time reading blogs, and if you choose to spend your time reading a blog it is because you really enjoy the person you are reading from. I don't think (at least for me) that someone would read a blog post and really take it seriously if it is not written by someone they trust. After ethos, I think logos is the most effective. I can see how pathos would be most effective for some people, but I am a very logically minded person I feel and I tend to understand and be more persuaded by things that seem logical to me. If it does not seem logical and correct, even if it does impact me in an emotional way, I do not think I would be as persuaded.
Comments
Post a Comment