WEEK 6: Memoir


I think writing this memoir will make me even more grateful for this experience than I already am! Writing about it will make me want to make other people understand how *special* these moments are for me and how it could impact them too.  I hope people read my the memoir I write and maybe realize that yoga is not one size fits all.  There are a lot of stereotypes that yoga is for "hippy dippy" vegan people who talk about "the color of your aura" and are super serious about yoga and ONLY yoga but this is so far from the truth!!  I want to write my memoir about a specific time during a yoga class, so I think it is important to mention WHY I chose that moment in particular to be as important as I feel it is.  I started yoga because I was going through a really hard period of my life and I feel like that is definitely the part I should leave out.  I will mention that I started yoga because of my rough patch but I will not go into detail about what that was about because it is unnecessary to the memoir story itself!

Comments