WEEK 5: Memoir Ideas

  • My first break up
My boyfriend and I lived together when we broke up.  We had planned on getting married.  He was my first everything and when we broke up I thought my entire world was ending.  I did not know how to love myself without him loving me too.  I had to learn that my world is not defined by him, and that he is not my home.  I had to learn that all I need in the world is me, and what is meant to be will be.
  • Quitting my job at a toxic work environment
I can honestly say working at this toxic work environment ruined my life.  The people and circumstances at this place caused me to lose almost everything.  Not only did I have to start going to therapy after leaving this place, but it costed me my relationship, caused me to stop putting effort into the things that mattered to me, and gave me severe depression and anxiety.  I let myself drown and suffer at this place because I did not know I deserved anything better, and I did not know how to stand up for myself.  The healing process that took place after this terrible experience taught me that if I need to look out for myself because at the end of the day nobody else will.
  • The feeling during savasana at the end of a yoga class
Savasana in yoga is a pose that looks like you're just taking a nap, but the actual goal is to be fully conscious but completely relaxed.  After going through an entire yoga class with a group of people looking to accomplish the same goal as you, savasana is a period of laying on your mat being grateful for the experiences we just had together, and digging deeper into yourself.  No anxious thought allowed! We are not really supposed to think at all, but that's essentially impossible so I always find myself digging deeper into the person I am during the long period of savasana.  I feel extreme gratitude for myself, my body, and the experience we all had together as a group.  Savasana teaches me that all I need is myself, and I do not lack a single human quality that allows me to accomplish everything I want to in life.  

Comments