Week 3: FRIENDS

Happy Monday its freakin cold.

My plans for tonight got cancelled because the weather is so bad which is FINE because I didn't even want to go anyway.   

I had to see someone I really did not want to see today.  Well maybe I did want to see him but I just wish it didn't have to happen this way.  I had to pick up the last of my things from the apartment I used to share with my ex.  I hate that apartment so much.  Luckily for me, when I told him I was on the way he said he would put the box outside the front door.  Unluckily for me, when I checked the box there were things missing (idiot) so I had to ask for them (again) and actually see his face.  Luckily for me, he was less cute than I remember.  Unluckily for me, it still made me sad.

I have to remind myself of the things that I would tell my little sister if she was to be getting over a breakup.

Outside of the window in front of me there is a lot of snow and a ton of people.  They are happy, they are sad, they are busy, they are bored, they are laughing and crying and complaining and living.  The grocery store down the street is still open and the neighbors are probably outside shoveling and the people in Florida are probably at the beach and the world is still going and moving all around me and that means I should too.

Dwelling on the past is not going to change anything.  It may feel like he is the only boy in the world that will ever understand, but he's not.   You know he isn't.  So remember the fun parts of being single.  Focus on yourself and only yourself!  Become the version of you that you really want to be and someday, one day, someone will come along.  But he is not it.  That boy is not the person you want to spend the rest of your life with, and you knew that before the break up.  So when you feel like your world is ending because he isn't in it anymore, remember that it is just fear talking.  You know your worth.  You know your worth.  You know your worth.  He is not the end all be all of the world.  You are going to make something of yourself one day and he would only have brought you down.

You know your worth.  Life is too short to spend your life regretting and worrying so finish your homework instead of watching Friends all day, and poor out that bad cup of coffee.  You're too cool for that shiz.




   


Comments